Friday, February 24, 2012

Random Weekend Plans

I am not an interesting person. I really need to work on that.

My home computer is down, which means I can't watch any of my television shows. No Castle, no Once Upon a Time, no Alcatraz. Anything graphics heavy causes Windows to crash. Pinterest isn't going to happen and Facebook is incredibly slow. I can still catch up on my fanfiction, but searches are slow and still being redirected.

On the upside, life without a home computer left me time to watch the first three seasons of Leverage on DVD - I'd seen them before, but it had been awhile. I caught the first half of season four before I cut my cable off. I'm waiting for the season four DVDs to come out so I can catch the second half. (Stupid TNT. Even if I HAD cable I wouldn't be able to watch Leverage online. Midcontinent, otherwise known as the only game in town, isn't one of their "approved" cable providers for online viewing.)

I also read The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz. I expected it to be better than it was. I love a book with funny footnotes, but others (Jen Lancaster, Terry Pratchett, and Dave Barry to name a few) have done it better and with more comedic effect than Lisa Lutz did. I was never sure what motivated any of the characters, other than Izzy (the main protagonist), and the plot was kind of thin.

I've got a few other books to read over the weekend Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich (not expecting much), Snuff by Terry Pratchett, and Lunatics by Dave Barry. I still need to finish Heartless by Gail Carriger.

This weekend I'll also be taking in All My Sons by Arthur Miller. Our community theater is putting it on. It's not to my usual taste, but I'm a member so the ticket is already paid for. Afterward, a bunch of us are going out for desserts and drinks. The play is supposed to be kind of a downer, so I'm sure we'll need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment